Why I am walking away from the liberalism and the Democratic Party.
Thomas Sowell asks three questions of the left with a claim that it is rare that the answers are readily available. This video frames the housing market crash from 2008 and challenges those on both the Right and Left. When a social policy is adopted and becomes a top priority – asking honest questions is the only way of ensuring you remain objective. The radical left today appears to run into difficulty when those same questions are asked. I certainly don’t agree with all of Sowell’s positions on every topic, but the questions are worthy of being asked.
The California Legislative Year Closed on Friday. All the Representatives went home exhausted and the damage was done. So what did they accomplish during this high pressure year in Sacramento?
This is an update today on the progressive Democrats’ continued destruction of California. The ones who would not endorse Dianne Feinstein, because she is not sufficiently Socialist extreme.
By the way, we are already deemed the worst state for businesses. Here are some of the highlights of this session:
* Passed Cap-n-Trade Tax which will increase gas $0.63 to $0.93 cents a gallon change and the taxes that go with it. So do the math projection….. (0.12 + 0.63 = 075/gallon + current $3.10/gallon = $3.85/gallon)
* Proposed increase on a new tax every residence will pay for tap water!
* A $3.46B parks bond to pay for parks in “disadvantaged communities”. The debt service alone will be over $200 million a year. The good news is some money goes to help fix the Salton Sea which should have always been a State responsibility!
* Law to release any lifer (murder, rape , child molestation, etc.) who is 60 years old and has already spent 25 years in prison! Charles Manson would have qualified if he just waited a few months before dying; and the Melendez brothers that murdered their parents could be released in about 12 years? Victims?… What victims?
* A new $ 50 charge on all residents living in a mobile home parks to address “living condition enforcement” in those parks? What the hell does that mean? As if having to live in a mobile home park isn’t bad enough? Regressive tax on the poor?
* We picked an official dinosaur for the State of California. Really???
* Requires Tesla to either unionize with the United Auto Workers Union, or forfeit State incentives to buy their electric cars! Maybe political blackmail doesn’t count as breaking any law. Unions are loving it. “Watch out solar companies… They may be coming after you next!!!”
* Reduce from a felony to a misdemeanor the purposeful intent to transmit the AIDS virus to a unknowing partner
* Give preferential treatment to prisoners convicted of serious crimes that are less than 25 years old because their brains are not mature enough to understand right from wrong. Whaaat?
* A bill to require our true sex be omitted from drivers licenses? Whaaat?
* Free legal services for illegal immigrants… Of course!
* Establish safe “injection zones” run by government to oversee people injecting heroin!
Yep, it all passed! You may consider forwarding this so that ALL Californians can be proud of their elected officials.
The official number of illegal aliens in the state of California is nearly 3 million. We can estimate the number to be more than double this amount in reality.
Over half of all drivers license issued in California were given to individuals who are here illegally and the state automatically registers those with a driver’s license to vote.
In 2015, California Governor Jerry Brown (D-CA) signed a bill giving full voting rights to illegal aliens. This gives them the right to vote in all elections from a local level to national elections, including that of choosing who will become President.
The biggest problem with this is it is against Federal law for non-citizens to vote in any national election. This in itself negates the votes made by illegal aliens in California and any other state which allows them to vote.
This bill only demonstrates the hypocrisy of these Communist Democrats. On the one hand, they want to lower the voting age to 16 and on the other, they want to raise the age of a person being able to purchase a rifle to 21!
Washington, D.C. Democrat Council Member Charles Allen introduced legislation that would lower the age to vote to 16 in the 2020 elections for both local and federal elections.
Democrats are in panic mode as they are losing their grip on reality every day. Still, the latest push by the March For Our Lives Communists have probably spurred this bill forward.
The typical sixteen-year-old in America works, drives and may even be responsible for caring for younger siblings or family members, so why can’t they vote? More than one politician in D.C. thinks they should be able to.
D.C. council member Charles Allen (D-Ward 6) introduced legislation on April 10th that would lower the voting age to 16 in the 2020 federal and local elections. Allen said he was inspired by the high schoolers leading the March For Our Lives initiative, and seven of 13 D.C. council members support the legislation.
Well, on the surface, I would almost agree. There are many 16-year-olds who do those things, but there are many who simply don’t. There is also a part of me that wants to side with those who do because, after all, they are paying taxes from their paychecks, and possibly property taxes on cars they may own along with taxes on virtually everything they purchase. So, in that sense, a part of me thinks they should have a say in that.
However, understanding how our education system is and the fact that these teens also, for the most part, live at home with mom and dad, then their parents speak on their behalf, and so this is where I draw the line.
Multiple votes in households is counterproductive. Obviously, the head of the home should be the one that represents the family and gives a voice for the family in the political sphere.
The voting age really doesn’t need to be lowered or raised. What we need is an educated populace that is not spoon fed by a complicit media and the two-party system, something our founders warned about.
Climate change is an urgent topic of discussion among politicians, journalists and celebrities…but what do scientists say about climate change? Does the data validate those who say humans are causing the earth to catastrophically warm? Richard Lindzen, an MIT atmospheric physicist and one of the world’s leading climatologists, summarizes the science behind climate change.
Magnetic Gun Mount & Holster for Vehicle and Home
PREMIUM QUALITY: Highest quality powerful 35 lbs rated rubber coated magnets will firmly hold your firearms without scratching them. Install almost any gun type and model in a variety of ways for quick access or storage.
ALL BRANDS: Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Springfield, Sig Sauer, Glock, Colt, Kel Tec, Heckler & Koch, Browning, Walther, Taurus, Remington, Winchester, Mossberg, Beretta, Rossi, FN herstal……
ALL FIREARM TYPES: Handguns, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols, Revolvers, Concealed Carry, Magazines…
USE IN HOME OR VEHICLE: Easily install our magnet in your Car, Truck, Wall, Vault, Bedside, Doorway, Desk, Table, Safe…